Tuesday 25 September 2012

Diary 6


This week I have expanded on my research of music videos and pop music in general by looking at videos that influence me or inspire me, tracking a pop artist throughout their career and analysing existing digipaks. Looking at videos that influence me really helped me to come up with even more creative ideas that I could incorporate into my own video, such as using some animated creatures in some woodland shots as I saw in Of Monsters and Men’s ‘Little Talks’ video. Also, by looking at specific shots that I personally love, I have thought of more creative ones that I could adapt myself.



I decided to research Demi Lovato when tracking an artist throughout their career as I knew that she had started in the industry from an early age and has dealt with various, personal struggles. I was keen to see how she overcame this and has now become a role model as well as being an award-winning pop artist.
               
Lastly, I analysed three existing digipaks. From this research, I was able to take into account certain conventions that are normally found within digipaks as well as looking at how the style changes throughout the different genres. I looked mainly at pop music digipaks including Katy Perry and Rihanna as I will be producing one for a pop artist myself. I found that they are very bright and consist mainly of images of the artist in various settings along with a leaflet from the artist including lyrics to their songs and a ‘thank you’ message, as well as additional images. In general, I believe that I have has a productive week.

No comments:

Post a Comment