Thursday 27 September 2012

Artist Styling & Costume Planning

Below is a rough sketch of my model's costume for my video shoot. As I'm planning on basing my video on a dream about a wedding, my model will need to wear a wedding dress, which I plan to buy from a charity shop. I have also considered that the dress may get muddy of damaged during the shoot. I intend for the model to progress to looking worse and worse as the video goes on, so any marks on the dress will add to the effect. Obviously if I have to re-shoot any scenes, I will have to get the dress cleaned. I have thought about some accessories, including an engagement ring, a bouquet of flowers, a veil and a head band made of daisies, all which should be readily available for me to buy and should be reasonably affordable. I will need the model to wear heeled shoes as I plan on incorporating a shot where she is running through a clearing in the woods before the heel breaks.

I have also thought about the kind of makeup that I want the model to wear. As I am quite keen on makeup, I will be applying this myself and so I printed of a M.A.C face chart from Google and experimented with a look that I think is suitable. I have gone for natural eye shadow to match the hair colour of my model but I will be applying a generous amount of mascara as I want to smudge this to make it appear as though the model is crying. I have gone for a dramatic red lip and will define the face with highlighters and contour.

The outfit:



The Makeup:


No comments:

Post a Comment