Monday 10 December 2012

Magazine Advert Planning

I have also recently begun working on my magazine advert to promote my artists digipak. I feel it's essential to create a couple of drafts before creating the actual product so I have a sense of what the design may look like. When drafting my magazine advert, I looked at two designs. Having already researched into existing magazine adverts and the kind of conventions that they use, I found doing these drafts to be quite easy. Both of the designs are relatively similar with different images and layouts however they universally include the same information. These are my two designs:





The first design includes an image of my artist so the audience can identify themselves with her as little or any of her face will be shown on my digipak if I go by the designs that I have already chosen. I have though included an image of the album artwork on the advert so the audience can link the two together. Alongside this, there is the name of the album, where it can be purchased, its release date and pull quotes from reviews of it. I have also included the artist's website twitter name. I think that it is very conventional to find a twitter name on a magazine advert nowadays because social media is largely dominant. This way, as well as in keeping with the zeitgeist of social media, the audience can find out more about the star, in terms of her personality. I think that this feature will be a success for her bigger fans.

The second design was inspired by the digipak design of the tree and the setting that I intend to use for my music video. I've kept the layout fairly similar to the first design and the information displayed is the same except that I have also included the artist's website so the fans can find out more about her. All in all I prefer this design because it supports some cohesion between the video, digipak and the advert which is essential for the audience to be able to identify the artist with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment