Monday 4 March 2013

Evaluation Question 3

Evaluation Question 3 




The audience that I have attempted to attract for my music video and the ancillary tasks that I have created, are females aged between 15-25. This is because the storyline and themes that run through my music video are about love and relationships and I think that by the age of 15, girls are likely to have experienced a 'crush' or a relationship. I think that the concept is more fitting to a female audience because the story is being told from the point of view of a female and is biased towards their feelings. The lyrics are about overcoming heartbreak and I think that a female audience is likely to find this very inspiring and will feel as if they can relate to the artist through personal experience. As the song I have chosen is of the pop genre, my artist is expected to have mainstream success and likability. Therefore I feel that the psychographics of my audience is 'mainstream' and I think that they are likely to be very conscious of the type of music that is topping the charts as well as keeping up with trends.

I feel that it is essential to collect audience feedback. As I proceeded through the construction phases of my work, I was keen to turn to members of my target audience for constructive points on what I was doing successfully and what I could be improving on.  Additionally, I found the process of gathering audience feedback to be very helpful as I was able to learn exactly what my audience wanted from the products that I was creating.

One example of audience feedback that I recorded was during the production of my magazine advert. I had previously created a first draft on PowerPoint to give me a brief idea of the layout that I was going to follow, before starting to produce a second draft on Photoshop. After completing the second draft, I wasn’t completely happy with the final design so I turned to members of my target audience for points to improve it. I received comments including requests for a section to accommodate upcoming tour dates along with feedback regarding the reliability of the publications that I had chosen to review the digipak, such as Heat. One member of my target audience mentioned that Heat is known for being a gossip magazine and thus an unreliable source and recommended that I chose a more sophisticated publication such as The Guardian.

Throughout the entire stages of planning construction that I went through, I would try to accumulate as much audience feedback as possible. Even if this was just calling a member of my audience over to review what I had done or suggest and alterations that could be made, I found the process very helpful as I was able to ensure that the products that I was creating were complying with the needs and standards that my audience had. I made note of some of the alterations that were suggested to me in posts on my blog. An example of an alteration that I made, was making all of the sides of my digipak black and white after I was told by a member of my audience that, overall the deign didn't have much cohesion. Furthermore, after completing the production of all three of my products, I chose two members of my target audience to review them for me. I recorded their responses using a Dictaphone and placed this recording, alongside images and videos of my products on a Premier file, which I then turned into a video. Overall, I was pleased with the final comments that I received and I was happy to see that the improvements that I had made were a success with my target audience. I feel that collecting audience feedback also allowed my products to look more professional however I should have also considering holding a focus group in which members of my target audience could watch my music video and review it as this is a stage often employed in a variety of industries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment