Monday 9 July 2012

Music Video History

Below is a copy of my research into the history of the music video. I have looked in to the specific eras that have impacted music video and how they were introduced in certain countires. This has helped me understand the importance of a growth in technology when distributing a music video as artsts are now able to stream their videos online on sites like 'YouTube' and 'VEVO' or over music channels including 'MTV' and 'VH1'. I have also been able to look at specific artists that started the music video craze such as The Beatles, The Animals and Michael Jackson.

Overall, I can benefit from this evidence my taking ideas from older, successful videos and using these as inspiration for my own; for example the idea od having a screen inside the main shot which displays the performer as seen in XTC's 'Making Plans For Nigel' video.

Music Video History

No comments:

Post a Comment